QMS ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training is an interactive online course that provides comprehensive training in all aspects of ISO 9001, as well as setting up an audit program, performing audits and leading an audit team. The course is specifically designed for people who are going to lead an audit team or who want to qualify themselves as ‘Lead Auditor’ for ISO 9001 quality management systems.
Training takes about 16 hours (on-demand).
This online course provides the training necessary to conduct ISO 9001 audits and lead a team of ISO 9001 (internal) auditors. The course teaches the basis and foundation of the ISO 9001:2015 standard, followed by a detailed review of its requirements. The course also addresses the structure of an ISO 9001 quality management system and how to determine the scope of the quality management system.
The interactive training also teaches audit methodology and some audit techniques, the methods used to identify and report internal audit non-compliances, how to set up an (internal) audit program, select auditors and lead a team of ISO 9001 auditors. It’s praxis-oriented training that’s ideal for those who want to lead an audit team or otherwise need training and a course certificate for ‘ISO 9001 Lead Auditor”.
The interactive training program, complete with quizzes, will provide the necessary technical knowledge and understanding of all ISO 9001:2015 requirements to perform a complete internal ISO 9001 audit, set up an audit program and lead an audit team. This online course should be taken to:
Understand the foundation of ISO 9001:2015 and the quality management principles
Understand the Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle (PDCA Cycle)
Understand the ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
Be familiar with the structure and framework and how it integrates with other management systems.
Understand organization issues and the context of the organization.
Understand the needs and expectations of interested parties.
Learn to audit with real-time audit examples.
Know what kind of documentation is required.
Know how to perform an internal audit and use an audit checklist.
Understand the processes involved in auditing, including opening and closing meetings.
Understand the auditing techniques and the concept of process auditing.
Know about the types of auditing and questioning techniques.
Understand how to prepare and maintain internal audit records.
Satisfy the ISO 9001:2015 requirement on training (certificate included)
This interactive course contains 10 lessons, short exams to check understanding, and summaries.
Lesson 1: Principles of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
Lesson 2: Introduction to ISO 9001:2015
Lesson 3: Risk Management
Lesson 4: Requirements of ISO 9001:2015
Lesson 5: Audit Definitions and Terminology
Lesson 6: The ISO 9001:2015 Audit Process
Lesson 7: Performing an Audit based on ISO 9001:2015.
Lesson 8: Nonconformity and Corrective Action
Lesson 9: ISO 9001:2015 Documentation
Lesson 10: Steps to ISO 9001 Certification
This lead auditor training has been designed by ISO 9001 specialists with experience in ISO 9001 and teaching.
This course is designed for individuals with no previous knowledge of ISO 9001.
This course is an advanced course to Quality Management Systems where participants will be learning about the key principles and practices of effective QMS audits and gain the knowledge and skills required to undertake and lead a successful management systems audit.
Through learning how to conduct effective QMS audits, participants can continually ensure that their management systems are in conformance to ISO 9001 and that it is enhancing overall organizational performance.
Through group exercises, mock audits and in-depth discussions led by our tutors, participants will gain the knowledge and skills used in the entire auditing process to get themselves prepared as a Quality Management Professional.
- Session 1: Course Introduction
- Session 2: Introduction to Quality Management System
- Session 3: ISO 9001:2015 Requirements
- Session 4: Audit Principles and Managing an Audit Program
- Session 5: Planning the Audit
- Session 6: Conducting the Audit
- Session 7: Generating audit findings.
- Session 8: Reporting and Following up the audit.
- Session 9: Certification Process and IRCA Registration
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of a quality management system, of quality management systems standards, of management system audit, third-party certification and business benefits of improved performance of the QMS.
- Explain the QMS standards framework of Plan-Do-Check-Act, interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation measurement, review, and continuous improvement.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a QMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO 17021, as applicable
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a QMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
Who Should Attend:
- Management representatives and core group members responsible for establishing, implementing, maintaining and auditing QMS.
- Quality Professionals, Quality Engineers, Administrators and Executives
- Individuals looking to become a registered ISO 9001:2015 Auditor / Lead Auditor
Please note that participants attending this course are expected to have prior knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) Cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between the top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continuous improvement
- Fundamental concepts and quality management principles
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Knowledge on ISO 9001 requirements and commonly used terms and definitions
Participants that are not familiar with the purpose and intent of the ISO 9001 should complete an IRCA Certified QMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity-based learning. This CQI IRCA certified course is conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued by GIC 0118 0505.
What is Included?
- All Relevant Course Materials
- Lunch and Refreshments
- Upon full attendance and successful completion of this course, including passing the exam, you will be awarded an IRCA Certified Certificate of Accomplishment
5 days (0900 – 1800)
$2,775 (Before GST)